Resolved
3.8
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Turnaround Time
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user May 15

Training was conducted at my home.

Update by user May 15

This will be my final comment on this review. Omnipod was true to their word and visited my home to conduct training on the Omnipod.

Both the trainer and their regional manager conducted the training. They spent 2 hours going over the Omnipod system, configuring it per my pcp's orders and showing me how to actually use the Omnipod.

As I explained to them this whole situation could have been avoided by having better communication with prospective customers and if they would rethink the actual training process. I am very satisfied with the Omnipod device now and would be happy to recommend the Omnipod system to any potential customer.

Update by user May 11

Well, I am very surprised but I did receive a call from Omnipod indicating that they would provide training at my home on or around 5/14/18. While I am still pretty ticked off about being jerked around regarding the training, I am happy that we may have been able to reach common ground. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Update by user May 02

Well, I finally got through to the customer support folks, what a waste of time that conversation was. The bottom line, OMNIPOD only offers training in public settings, bars, fast food restaurants, parks etc.

Not at all professional and very sleazy.

So, I am returning the OMNIPOD back to the vendor and hope they find an appropriate place to stick it. If want to deal with a professional provider then stay away from OMNIPOD.

Original review posted by user May 02

I received my OMNIPOD yesterday and got a call from one of their "trainers" to set up a time for training...

This person wanted me to drive 80 miles round trip to spend 15 minutes with them at a fast food restaurant.

When I called this person and told them that I was mobility challenged they offered to meet me at a fast food restaurant closet to me.

Thats not going to happen. When I receive my training on the Tandem pump, their training came to my home and spent about an hour with me and left me trained and able to use the pump.

I am being forced into using the OMNIPOD system because my insurance company seems to have a difficult time paying for my Tandem supplies.

At this time I am ready to send all of the supplies back to the supplier and just go back to multiple injections of insulin and pills.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Training and support being offered, Cheap excuse for a pdm.

Comments

Poor customer service ? You are far too spoiled if you expect everyone to come directly to you anytime you have some sort of issue.

You have also failed to adequately describe the goods and services you expected. Certainly few people reading this are familiar with the items about which you complain - I gleaned from general knowledge and your description that you are diabetic (as am I) and you're not happy about the new system.

You would be the chief fool if you were to drop the new treatment and return to the old methods which are not nearly as effective and far more insulting to the body. It probably wouldn't hurt you to get out and around a little instead of sitting at home all day whining about immobility and diabetes ; you are not unique and likely in better shape than me.

TemptingKudu
to Thomas #1475108

Thomas, you are correct I am not happy with the Omnipod customer service and support.I thought that I had been pretty clear about what I was dissatisfied with but to restate my issue it was with the tacky method of offering training.I am mobility challenged in addition to being a diabetic and its difficult for me to get out. When I got my Tandem Pump the trainer came to my house (no special effort on Tandem's part) and provided training and customization for the pump.When Omnipod contacted me they asked that I travel about 90 miles and meet the trainer in a fast food restaurant for training and setup, I explained to them that this would not be possible and the Omnipod trainers response was you meet me on my terms or not at all.I am familiar with 90% of the customization required to put the Omnipod pump into service but there are a few parameters that I am not comfortable with setting and I have asked Omnipod to please put me in contact via phone or email with someone to can answer my questions regarding setup and they refused.I can't comment about the quality or effectiveness of the Omnipod products and perhaps their customer support is really good in areas other than training and setup however so far I am not impressed with the level and quality of support that Omnipod offers.I hope this clarifies my issue with Omnipod.